Last updated on: March 10, 2023
You can contact us by email at email@example.com
These terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you (“you”) and Meld concerning your use of the services.
You agree that by accessing the Services, you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by all of these Legal Terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE LEGAL TERMS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE SERVICES AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Services from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Legal Terms at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the 'Last updated' date of these Legal Terms, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Legal Terms to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Legal Terms by your continued use of the Services after the date such revised Legal Terms are posted.
The Services are intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the ageof 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Services.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Legal Terms for your records.
1. Our Services
The information you give us when you use the Services is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any territory or country where doing so would be against the law or regulation, or where doing so would require us to register there. As a result, anybody who chooses to use the Services from another area does so at their own free will and is solely responsible for adhering to local laws, if and to the extent that they apply.
Meld is an online dating platform that involves making social connections with like-minded people. By registering on Meld and creating an account you warrant the following:
• You must be unmarried.
• You can enter into a binding contract with Meld.
• You are not banned from using the services under any law or jurisdiction worldwide.
• You do not currently have any pending court orders or convictions for assault, violence, sexual misconduct, or harassment.
• You will not use our services if you have been removed/banned by Meld.
• You are not listed among the Specially Designated Nationals by the U.S. Treasury Department, nor are you subject to any other similar restrictions.
• You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations, as well as this agreement.
• If any of the aforementioned requirements are not met, we have the right to permanently delete your accounts with Meld.
3. Governing Law
These Legal Terms shall be governed by and defined following the laws of India. Meld and you irrevocably consent that the courts of India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any dispute which may arise in connection with these Legal Terms.
4. Registration and Your Account
• To use our application you would need to register first. In order to register, you will have to use your mobile phone number to authenticate, with the help of an OTP. After the registration and authentication, you can make your personal account (“Account”) with Meld. While making the account, you’ll be required to but not limited to upload your pictures and provide more information about yourself in the form of a bio and prompts. You must also mention your interests, food, and drinking preferences. Apart from this, you’ll be required to mention your basic details, like your name, age, gender preferences, gender, pronouns, location, work, and education details to name a few.
• You become a user once you register and create your account. If we get several complaints from other users, we reserve the right to suspend users.
• Meld does not accept any responsibility for the login credentials used to login into the service. You acknowledge full accountability for all actions taken under those credentials.
• You give us permission to send you SMS notifications, emails and push notifications about activity linked to your profile by registering for Meld.
• If you feel your account has been accessed by someone else and has been compromised you can reach us out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Community Guidelines
You consent to Meld notifying and interacting with you about the service through emails and other channels. Users of the Meld are required to act with a high degree of respect and professionalism. Their membership may be terminated for unacceptable behaviour. Users of the Meld are expected to behave as follows:
• Any material that is defamatory, incorrect, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, unlawful, or that infringes or violates the rights of a third party will not be posted or transmitted to other users by you.
• You will not engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
• You will not use Meld for soliciting your business activities/ promotions or for any commercial purposes.
• You won't give Meld or any other user any information that is untrue, false, or deceptive.
• You will not publish links to other websites.
• You will not share your account credentials with other people.
• Sharing personal information with other users on Meld should be done with caution. Meld Members are asked to take a few easy safety and privacy precautions. Your full name, address, email address, phone number, instant messaging contact information, and the URLs or usernames of social media websites are examples of personal contact information that you are not permitted to broadcast on Your Account. In addition, for your safety, you may not include personal contact information in messages to users who have not previously contacted you.
• Your account will be terminated if you misuse the written spaces on the application.
• The photos you upload on the Meld app will be reviewed.
• You won't in any manner jeopardize the security of the services provided by Meld by uploading viruses or other harmful code.
• You won't publish anything that may be considered vulgar, defamatory, contentious, infringing on copyrights and trademarks, or in violation of any laws that may apply to the publication of such material.
• Any information provided by other users on the Meld should be used in a lawful, responsible, and respectful manner.
• You will not use the service to disrupt public order.
• You won't do anything to interfere with how Meld typically operates or its infrastructure.
• You will immediately stop contacting the person if they ask you to stop contacting them.
• Without first getting our or the appropriate third party's prior written approval, you will not upload, copy, edit, disclose, or distribute via our Website or App any confidential information or any other material that is subject to our or a third party's (intellectual property) rights.
• You won’t ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
• You won’t harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
• Your content and messages do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
• Your content and messages do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
We do not yet validate the claims made by its users or conduct any official criminal or background checks on any of the users. You are solely in charge of following all necessary safety precautions when using the website and app and corresponding with other users. You acknowledge that there are dangers involved with engaging with other people, whether online or offline, including when you date or meet them. The correctness of the data given to you by other users is not guaranteed by us, nor is it verified by us. The information on the website and the app are updated and accurate to the best of Meld’s ability, but we cannot guarantee that it is current, complete, or accurate. It cannot be used to derive any rights. You assume all risks associated with relying on the information supplied. We do not guarantee that the website or app will be accessible continuously and in a working state. The website and app's content and services are all offered "as is" and "as available". You alone bear all responsibility and risk for any decisions or actions you make based on the data made available on or through the website and app.
No data from children may be collected by Meld. Suppose a member gives false information regarding their date of birth. In that case, especially if they falsely state that they are older than 18, their parents should notify Meld by emailing email@example.com and asking for the data to be erased. Meld agrees to remove all information about the minor as soon as possible.
The user's rights are only permitted for private and personal usage, according to Meld. As a user of Meld, you grant Meld a free-of-charge, non-exclusive, international and permanent license for the use, reproduction, representation, modification and translation of any basic intellectual property-related component (text, emojis, photos, videos etc.) that it may provide through the App for the non-exclusive purpose of communicating with other users on Meld. Meld can use such content in any format on the Website, App, ads, other shielded areas accessible by other users and for other internal purposes.
The service (or any portion thereof) may be changed or terminated by Meld at any time with or without notice, and for any reason. You acknowledge that in the event that the service is altered, suspended, or terminated, Meld won't be held responsible to you or any other parties.
8. Deletion of Account
A user of Meld may choose to delete their account at any time and without prior notification. This user will have to register once more if they want to use Meld again.
Upon a user's account deletion:
• Their profile will no longer be listed among the profiles on Meld.
• The user's deleted profile cannot be activated again.
Regarding a violation of any of the rules, Meld reserves the right to terminate your membership, suspend a profile, or disable access with or without warning.
9. Copyright Infringement Claims
Any copyrighted content trademarks or other proprietary information may not be posted, distributed, or reproduced in any way without the owner's express written authorization. Without limiting the aforementioned, if you suspect that your work has been duplicated and uploaded on the Service in a manner that violates your copyright, kindly send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A signature, whether digital or written, from the representative of the party with ownership of the copyright interest
• A description of the intellectual property (IP) work that you allege has been violated
• An explanation of the location on the app of the allegedly illegal content
• Your complete name, address, contact information, and email address
• Written confirmation from you that you genuinely believe the challenged use is not permitted by the copyright owner, their agent, or the law
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf
10. External Links and Services
Links to other websites or resources on the internet may be offered by the service or by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that Meld is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources and that Meld is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources due to Meld’s lack of control over those sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Meld is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any harm or loss caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance on, any such content, products, or services made available on or through any such website or resource. Please go through the terms and privacy policies of such sites carefully as you would be bound by those during such interactions.
11. Limitation of Liability and Disputes
• Your interactions with other Meld users are entirely your responsibility. While not required, Meld maintains the right to keep an eye on how disagreements between Meld users are settled. We are under no obligation to arbitrate or resolve any domestic or private conflicts between users, and we don't do so either. Moreover, Meld has the right to penalize disrespectful users as it sees fit.
• In no event shall Meld, its affiliates, employees, agents, licensors, or partners be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or related to the behaviour of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the service, including without limitation, physical harm, emotional suffering, loss of use, loss of data, the loss brought on by a computer virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, squandered management or office time, breach of contract, claims from third parties, or other losses of any kind or nature arising out of or in connection with the use of Meld and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other users of this service or persons you meet through this service.
• You can choose a person directly from your device's contacts list and text, email, or message them from your personal account if you decide to invite them to join our website or app. You acknowledge that any charges incurred as a result of messages transmitted from your device are your responsibility.
• We will provide Meld service to you with reasonable skill and care. We do not make any warranties or representations (neither express nor implied) with respect to the Website, App, or the associated services.
• By agreeing to this agreement, you expressly accept that Meld is not responsible for any guidance, recommendations, or services provided through our website or app. Meld expressly disclaims all responsibility for any harm, lawsuits, claims, and/or controversies that result from or are connected to our website or app in any manner.
• You specifically acknowledge and accept that Meld will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of revenue, goodwill, use, or data, or other intangible losses, brought on by a) use of, or inability to use, the website or app; b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through, from, or as a result of the website or app; c) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; d) statements or conduct of any user or third party on the website or app; e) your reliance on content data made available by the website or app; or f) any other matter relating to the website or app.
• Regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty, or otherwise), Meld’s maximum liability arising out of or in connection with the website or app or your use of our content will not, to the fullest extent permitted by law, be greater than the fees you have paid to make purchases on Meld.
Meld makes no guarantees or warranties regarding the following: (a) the compatibility of any matches or profiles presented; (b) the continuity, security, or error-free operation of the service; (c) the correction of any defects or errors in the service; (d) the accuracy of any content or information obtained on or through the service; or (e) the incorporation of any suggestions or feedback.
Any content that you, another user, or a third party provides, posts, or receives over the service is not under the control of Meld. You access any material downloaded or otherwise acquired via the use of the site at your own risk and judgment.
Meld disclaims all liability and accepts no responsibility for your or any other user's actions, whether they occur on or off the site.
• Another company may buy Meld in whole or in part. This will be done without (written) notice.